Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing 22

I am struggling with this "thing". I am not real sure I am into the whole podcast. I am still investigating but I am finding it hard to locate things I would use. There is not a good system for searching on the site. I have found the educational search site is probably going to be the best, especially if used by my kids. Some of the other sites had questionable titles.. Not sure about that. I have read some other blogs and I see some ideas of how they could be used educationally, like by the 2nd & 6th grade classes. That would be good. Maybe in math they could explain how to multiply 2 digit numbers. Then someone else could listen and follow the directions to see if they got the correct answer. I am brainstorming and I am not sure if these ideas would work or not. OK, I did not find anything I REALLY liked from the directories given....SO.... I "googled" free podcasts and I found a National Geographic site that has free podcasts for different topics. This I like and I can use. There is one on the history of San Antonio. I can see how this can be educational to my students. I have subscribed to the National Geographic podcasts site as well as the digital site. This will be useful in the future and I will want to know when they add new topics.

2 comments:

mmw said...

great! i'm glad you found something useful to you.

mmw said...

you might consider adding that resource to our 23 things wiki!