Friday, July 11, 2008

Final Thoughts

This has been quite a journey. I have learned so much throughout this experience. Now to answer the final questions:
I.
1. Favorite exercises: I loved creating this blog site. It really showed me how easy it is to use. I really want my kids to be able to blog this year! I also enjoyed learning about Flickr. What a great resource. I enjoyed learning about all of it ... but these are my favs.

2. I have always thought of myself as kind of a tech savvy person. I thought I really kept up with the "new" things happening. By taking this class I realized how much I did NOT know. I really need to make time to "play" with the new things that are continually popping up.

3. I didn't expect to like the google tools as much as I do.. especially my homepage. I thought.. well I will create it for this class. But I have actually checked it at least once a day. I love that it gives me ideas for cooking as well as keeps me up to date with what is going on in our world.

4. No ideas. I was impressed with how smooth the class went. Thanks for a great experience.

5. Yes. of course.

6. By actually playing with everything, it made me realize how easy these tools would be for my students to use. I will be bringing several of these tools to use either personally or for my class.

7. I really would like to have another course offered. I really plan on taking the time to play with things as they come available.

II. I plan on continuing to play and learn. I want to become more efficient with the tools and I want my students to be able to use these tools as well. I never thought about adding my URL to my sig. line. That is a great way to get others to get involved as well. I have subscribed to the Learning 2.0 site. I also plan on creating a class blog as well as continue my blog about things that I am learning.

2 comments:

mmw said...

Excellent ideas! Thanks for playing with us! :-)

C Toogood said...

Congratulations on finishing! You did a great job and I often tracked what you did. It was nice to meet you today. Gigi